التخطي إلى المحتوى الرئيسي

How It Is Like To Be A Libyan/Arab Girl In Libya

My name is Nour, A Libyan girl who lives in Libya. Many people around the world are wondering how it is like to grow up in a conflict zone and, of course, how it is like to live in the Arab world. this piece will hopefully let you get into the life of a teenager who lives in these conditions.

  When the Libyan revolution began in 2011, I was really young, younger than accepting the major changes that my country was passing through that time. the 8 months of ongoing clashes were just like a nightmare to me. I cannot ignore the fact that the revolution has completely changed my life to the point that I cannot even remember my life before. but, there is always a bright side!.  it is true that the revolution was something positive for me; it made me appreciate the value of my family, friends and the ones who I love and care for, and it made me learn to be nationalist and to love my country no matter what happens. it is the soil that I belong to and I will be proud of it for the rest of my life.

  I would not say that the table that gathers Libyans is no longer tilted when we were to end up the current war; the social status got worse and worse too!. If you did not know, Libya is one of the few countries that all the citizens of it believe in the same religion, the same belief, we all speak the same language and we almost have the same traditions. A big country like Libya with a few population is expected to live in peace and tolerance. but this is not the reality we live.

  As a girl who grew up on watching all of that happening, I can say that none of what I have passed through made me a bad person from the inside, I am still like any teenager in this world: a cheerful person who loves life and enjoys every single moment of it, an ambitious dreamer who intends to make a remarkable impact in the world someday and, without doubt, a girl like any other girl in my age!

  You may be curious about the life in the Arab countries and how it really is. I can say that being an Arab does not necessarily mean that you are a tough person or a person who seeks for troubles!- these are totally misleading stereotypes. The Arabic nation is known for its generousity and kindness towards strangers. Here in Libya, you can go and take some loafs of bread from the bakery if you do not have enough money to pay for them -you just need to promise the owner that you will pay later, and he will trust you because he knows that your Arabian manners will not let you run away without paying!. Libyans still have the seed of good inside their hearts and they will definitely help you when you need.

  The conclusion is, a human is still a human no matter where he or she lives. the status of a particular country will never determine either the people are good or bad, aggressive or kind. The status of a country may affect someone's point of view for many things, but he or she will not lose their humanity after all -they are people just like you!

  Hope you enjoyed my story!

تعليقات

المشاركات الشائعة من هذه المدونة

How It Is Like To Be A Muslim Girl In France

My name is Damla and I’m a French/Turkish girl who lives in France. I’m also a Muslim. So I will talk about how I feel about living as a Muslim girl in France. Personally, I live in a city where they have a lot of Muslims so I didn’t really had a problem or something like that. But there are also non-Muslim persons who are (or aren’t too) racists, so I met some problematic people in my life. I remember having a French Teacher who used to show that she really hates us because "we weren’t really French”. Apart that, I didn not have any problems. Anyone can think whatever he wants about anything (such as religion) in France, but they aren’t really distinction between Muslim, Christians or other religions. In France, it really doesn’t matter in what religion you believe and they clearly don’t prefer to talk about these kind of stuff because they find it too personal and it can cause many problems among people. Also, talking about such personal things will be a hot topic for rac